White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
OUR FARM STAND (only at the farm) IS OPEN WEDNESDAYS 9 TO 5 AND SATURDAYS 9 TO 5; Also selling produce at Niantic Farmers Market THURSDAYS 3:00 TO 6:30.
Currently on offer:
- Blueberry beginnings
- Tomatoes, just starting
- Cabbage: Smooth green, Napa & Savoy
- Peppers: purple bells, poblano, jalapeno, serrano
- Swiss chard
- Purple onions
- Yellow onions
- Pizzas -- hot from the oven by noon Wednesday & Saturday
- Salads prepared on the farm, typically a delicious combination of beans, grains, nuts, and fresh vegetables & herbs
- Iced tea
- Gluten-free Breakfast Cookies
- Giant cookies, now named "Chocolate Rhapsody"
- Head lettuce
- Fresh herbs: parsley, dill, basil, cilantro, marjoram, thyme & rosemary
- Organic, Pasture-raised multi-colored Eggs: an Abundance! 1 half dozen box: $3.50; 2 boxes $6.00! We will be happy to re-use your White Gate Farm egg boxes.
- Strawberry Jam
- Organic Coffee from Ashlawn Farm
- White Gate Farm Honey
- Cato Corner Farm cheese
- Pesto in many varieties: Garlic scape with Parmesan & Walnuts, Garlic scape with Pistachios, Scallion with Mint & Almonds, Cilantro & Walnut (beginning August 2)
- Roasting chickens and chicken livers in the freezer
You may now pay with credit or debit cards (all but American Express) for purchases above $10.00. Checks and cash still work well.
Happy Almost August!
We are now selling our own honey from the bee hives at the far back of the hay field. Not yet producing is the new observation hive installed and managed by farmer Erica near the upper ponds. We are happy to report that all bees seem very healthy and happy.
You can now buy produce from us on Thursdays 3:00 to 6:30 at the Niantic Farmers Market as well as at the farm Wednesdays and Saturdays 9 to 5.
125 Cornish X chicks arrived July 16 and will soon be investigating the tall rye in the barn yard. The teenage turkeys have all moved to the turkey palace near the upper hoop house.
Our gorgeous laying hens of many breeds are enjoying their huge pasture. We appreciate them for producing a record number of multi-colored eggs.
We look forward to seeing you!