White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
OUR FARM STAND (only at the farm) IS OPEN WEDNESDAYS 9 TO 5 AND SATURDAYS 9 TO 5; Also selling produce at Niantic Farmers Market THURSDAYS 3:00 TO 6:30.
Currently on offer:
- Blueberry beginnings
- Tomatoes, just starting
- Cabbage: green and Napa
- Swiss chard
- Garlic Scapes
- Fresh Garlic
- Purple onions
- Green bunching onions
- Pizzas -- hot from the oven by noon each day
- Salads prepared on the farm, typically a delicious combination of beans, grains, nuts, and fresh vegetables & herbs
- Iced tea
- Gluten-free Breakfast Cookies
- Giant cookies, now named "Chocolate Rhapsody"
- On Saturdays: Morning Glory Muffins
- Head lettuce
- Fresh herbs: parsley, dill, basil, marjoram, thyme & rosemary
- Organic, Pasture-raised multi-colored Eggs: an Abundance! 1 half dozen box: $3.50; 2 boxes $6.00! We will be happy to re-use your White Gate Farm egg boxes.
- Strawberry Jam
- Organic Coffee from Ashlawn Farm
- Farm to Hearth Bread delivered fresh each day
- Cato Corner Farm cheese
- Pesto in many varieties: Garlic scape with Parmesan & Walnuts, Garlic scape with Pistachios, Scallion with Mint & Almonds
- White bean & pesto dip
- Roasting chickens and chicken livers in the freezer
You may now pay with credit or debit cards (all but American Express) for purchases above $10.00. Checks and cash still work well.
You can now buy produce from us on Thursdays 3:00 to 6:30 at the Niantic Farmers Market as well as at the farm Wednesdays and Saturdays 9 to 5.
125 tiny Cornish X chicks are arriving July 16. Be sure to come see them in their brooding room next to the farm stand.
Saturday July 26 you can find us both at the farm (9 to 5) AND at the Florence Griswold Museum's Open Air Market (9 to 3) during the weekend- long Midsummer Festival.
Farmer Erica has set up a new bee hive with a happy bee colony settling in between the two upper ponds. It has a plexiglass viewing window so we can watch the bees at work.
Our fantastic chef Esty is making her popular pizzas, salads, breakfast cookies, muffins, and the giant cookies now named Chocolate Rhapsody, all on offer at our stand at the farm.
The gorgeous laying hens of many breeds are enjoying their huge pasture. We appreciate them for producing a record number of multi-colored eggs.
We look forward to seeing you!