White Gate Farm specializes in fresh organic produce, poultry, eggs, and flowers. Situated in Southeastern Connecticut on 100 acres of lovely New England landscape, it is a great destination for shopping at our farm stand, visiting the animals and seeing a small family farm that above all values the health of its customers and the environment.
At the Farm Stand
OUR FARM STAND (only at the farm) IS OPEN WEDNESDAYS 9 TO 5 AND SATURDAYS 9 TO 5
Currently on offer:
- Salad Mix
- White Hakurei Turnips & delicious greens
- Bok choy
- Mustard greens
- PIZZA at noon Wednesdays only
- Quiche on Saturdays, beginning at 9
- Peppers: sweet red bells, purple bells, poblano, jalapeno, serrano
- Swiss chard
- Purple cabbage
- Red onions
- Yellow onions
- Gluten-free Breakfast Cookies
- Giant cookies, now named "Chocolate Rhapsody"
- Fresh herbs: parsley, cilantro, dill, rosemary & mint
- Organic, Pasture-raised multi-colored Eggs. We will be happy to re-use your White Gate Farm egg boxes.
- Pickled garlic scapes
- Tomato Sauce "Puttanesca"
- Organic Coffee from Ashlawn Farm
- White Gate Farm Honey
- Cato Corner Farm cheese
- Beet Hummus
- Roasting chickens in the freezer
- Chicken livers in the freezer
You may now pay with credit or debit cards (all but American Express) for purchases above $10.00. Checks and cash still work well.
Happy Fall All!
We are offering three brand-new classes this fall in bird-watching, chicken harvesting (yes, AKA slaughtering), and a farm-to-table class for three to five-year olds. Please see more in the "Farm Class" part of this site and email me with any questions.
We are well into taking TURKEY RESERVATIONS. Just let me know by email if you would like one (or more) and approximately what weight you need. The size range available at this point is 15 to 20 lbs. These are free-range, organic turkeys. They will be frozen, but very tender, juicy and tasty. $6.50/lb. We need a $50 deposit to secure the reservation. Our mailing address is PO Box 250, East Lyme CT 06333.
We will be open through the fall and winter! Right now, mid-October, our farm stand is overflowing with fantastic produce, bread, cheese, eggs, chickens, prepared foods and preserved foods too. The farm is a fine brunch or lunch spot, and perfectly located for bicyclists as well as motorists.
Our gorgeous laying hens of many breeds are enjoying their huge pasture. We appreciate them for producing a record number of multi-colored eggs. The young layers (AKA pullets) are all getting with the program. Their eggs are small, so we offer 8 per box at the same price as the "normal" half dozen.
We look forward to seeing you here!