Sunday, August 20, 3:00 pm
The New Vegetarian Table, Class 1: The Middle Eastern Spice Market, with Emily Florentino
Inspired by a gift of dates from Egypt’s Siwa Oasis, considered the finest in the world – participants will have the opportunity to indulge in these rare treats! This hands on class includes a full meal and printed recipes to take home. Ten people max. BYOB welcome.
- Warm dates with olive oil, sea salt, lemon zest
- Fattoush salad with sumac, pomegranate molasses, and homemade pita bread
- Morrocan carrot salad
- Date and freekeh stuffed baby eggplant with roasted red pepper relish and tahini sauce
- Shredded butternut squash with dates, pistachios, lemon, and mint
- Basbousa (Egyptian honeyed semolina cake with date syrup, rose water, and yogurt)
Bookings are no longer available for this event.